It has been a long time coming but I wanted to share a couple of finished project photos of o w l s by Kate Davies. I knit this very quickly and finished over two months ago. I have not worn it and plan to rip it out to re-knit it this summer.
The pattern is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Kate did a great job and I would not shy away from knitting another Kate Davies pattern - I would probably rush right in again (just like I did this time). However, because I rushed in and didn't take into consideration that I don't have broad shoulders and don't need a lot of waist shaping ... well, it has ended up bagging out so much between my shoulder blades that it unwearable.
Ironically, when I turn the sweater around and wear it backwards, the "problem" is fixed. So, that is what I am going to do next time: knit two fronts by omitting the waist shaping. My favourite store bought pullover sweaters have no waist shaping so why meddle with a good thing?
I chose to knit this in Cascade Ecological Wool in colourway 8063 (brown). It's very gray, which I love and it was a good choice for this project. Gauge was slightly off though, so be forewarned to need to take that into consideration but I would definitely chose it again.
I suppose I should get back to work ... may everyone have a good Victoria Day long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment